Data Controller:- Peter Harvie (ICO registration number ZA390389) Address 23, Maple Road, Whyteleafe, Surrey, CR3 0ET
Data will be collected from clients by email, phone, text, written notes.
All data is collected with the express purpose of setting up and facilitating counselling sessions.
Electronic Data will be kept on secured electronic devices and written data will be kept in a locked filing cabinet.
Anonymous data will be shared with a Counselling Supervisor (as required by the BACP for accreditation and to maintain ethics and standards).
The circumstances in which data may be shared with other agencies are:-
- Immediate risk of substantial harm to self or others
- Under a legal requirement i.e. Court order for disclosure
- If a report is requested by a third party to secure additional counselling sessions for the client. (This will only be implemented with the clients express permission)
Client records will be kept for 6 Years and then securely destroyed
Any data breaches will be reported to the ICO within 72 hours and the client will be informed.
Clients have the following rights under the data protection law:-
- To access a copy and explanation of their personal data
- To request correction or erasure of their data in certain circumstances
- To request limiting or ceasing data processing where applicable